Saturday, October 2, 2010

Poppa's wedding

It started out as a slow, there-is-nobody-here-I-know evening until the ceremony. That part was very sweet but went for a very long time. Amy and I were standing there in our high heels with aching feet thinking "come on, come on, hurry up" but it was ok. Seeing the adults get a bit tipsy was funny.

The food - something I was looking forward to lol - was very nice. I tried ratatouille for the first time and it was so good. And there were the best prawns I had ever had. And salmon/cream cheese/cucumber creations, sushi, chicken wrapped in bacon and so much other delicious food. At the end there was about 100 of the prettiest cupcakes all laid out on the bench, two flavours - lemon and chocolate.

I was disappointed that there were only 2 or 3 other teenagers apart from me and my cousins at first, but I got over that soon enough because I have the best cousins ever. There are only 7 of us on my mum's side - Amy, Rachel, Renae, Alyse, Luke, John and myself. I think that's a mighty fine number. I used to wish I had 20 cousins but now I am so grateful for what I have. We are all really close too.

The photos ... well where do I start. Amy and Renae took the most out of us young ones, can't wait to see them uploaded onto facebook! And there was the photographer-and-also-the-bride's-son Chris and he took heaps with his fancy wide lens camera. He is going to put those onto cds and distribute them around. Ah cannot wait!

Getting to wear my new wedding outfit was an initial highlight but didn't matter after a while. Plus the shoes were killing me. I actually wore the ones I got for the ball this year. New dress though :) Everyone scrubbed up so well. All the girls wearing high heels, and let me tell you, we are not the type to usually wear them.

The singer was very good and played a great variety of songs which by the end of the night we were all singing/yelling to. When he sang "rocket man" by Elton John at the very beginning, he got to the part where the lyrics were "and I think it's gonna be a long, long time" Alyse raised her eyebrows and nodded her head, then we proceeded to crack up laughing and nearly spill our drinks. At that stage we were thinking it was going to be a long evening. Luckily that changed lol.

Overall it was a really great evening, and it's so nice to see Poppa and Colleen finally married! So cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment